permaculture - Re: [permaculture] request

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Kirby Fry" <peace@totalaccess.net>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] request
  • Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 09:55:20 -0500

Hi Majid,

It's very exciting to hear from someone in Iran. How did you hear about
permaculture? Are you a university student?

I wish that I had some books to send you. Perhaps I can photocopy some
material for you. I recommend, "Introduction to Permaculture," by Bill
Mollison, "The Natural Way of Farming," by Masanobu Fukuoka, "Fertility
Pastures," by Newman Turner (I hear that grazing by sheep and goats is
highly subsidized by many governments in the middle east and causing plenty
of problems), and "Gaia's Garden," by Toby Hemenway.

Also there are several articles available for reading on line at
csf.colorado.edu/perma/

Kirby Fry

For the real scoop on environmental and social justice issues check out the
archives of Democracy Now!
http://www.webactive.com/webactive/pacifica/demnow/archive.html