permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Borrowed cows and on-the spot composting... ()Turning Sand Into Paradise()

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Rick Valley <bamboogrove@cmug.com>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Borrowed cows and on-the spot composting... ()Turning Sand Into Paradise()
  • Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 14:37:19 -0700

LL;
The original (?) paper on terra preta in Amazonia was published in
Ecological Restoration. There's mention of how the zone of terra preta is
surrounded by a less fertile but still good soil zone, no pottery shards,
and less diversity of fruit trees. An excellent illustration of zones for
Pc! I'll try and track down the citation for you, tho I'm moving right now.
-Rick