permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Green Party

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Loren Davidson <loren@farwalker.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Green Party
  • Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 19:53:14 -0700

At 08:53 PM 9/19/02 -0400, Blueyedlex@cs.com wrote:

By stating that a vote for Greens is a waste of a vote simply makes it so. If less
people shared that belief we might start seeing the party gaining some ground.

I agree.

Out here in California, the democratic incumbent is a money-grubbing incompetent; the republican challenger is a lying crook. As many people either are looking at a third-party candidate or are undecided as are committed to the second most popular candidate, as of last week's polls. I've started writing letters to people like political columnists, suggesting that early support of a strong third-party candidate - possibly the Green one - might help make it a slightly different race, a la Jesse Ventura.

In 2000, I decided that a vote for the major party candidates, executed out of fear, was the *true* wasted vote. Now I will vote for either the best, or the least-objectionable, candidate, regardless of party affiliation. I consider it a small step toward empowerment, to act out of my beliefs rather than out of my fear.

Isn't that part of what Permaculture-based vision is all about?

Build soil,

Loren

Loren Davidson Earth steward, healer, singer/songwriter
loren@farwalker.com http://www.earthspring.org/loren/
AIM: loren334 ICQ: 65291610
Loren's album & music info: http://www.earthspring.org/lorendavidson/
***Ask me about Sunset Celebrations in Berkeley - next one 9/24***
"There is no key to the Universe. It was never locked." - www.nancybuttons.com