permaculture - Re: [permaculture] poultry stuff

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Mark <mpludwig@facstaff.wisc.edu>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] poultry stuff
  • Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 12:44:17 -0500

At 11:44 PM 9/14/02 +0100, you wrote:
Dear all,
I keep noticing the "Poultry Research Lab" in Mark's signature.
Mark, does the lab engage in anything that could fall into the organic
and/or Pc category?

Slán,
Ute

Just to be clear, I just run the building and keep the birds alive, i don't decide what gets studied. We are working on substituting anti bodies for anti biotics in meat chicken production. I think the method we are developing could be used in any system and I am advocating we look at ways to simplify our methods for use in less developed countrys etc. We are also supporting other groups around campus, including a plan to hatch some eggs from Spain in order to evaluate a continental meat breed in a pasture system. This is for the Center for Integrated Ag Systems here on campus. This is really UWs center for organic and sustainable ag. I may get one of our guys looking at lipid oxidation (rancidity) in meat from birds fed biologically grown feed vs. conventional, we'll see where that goes. Be nice to do more of course; may look for such gigs of I decide to flee my increasingly insane nation, but I have yet to give up to the bastards...stay tuned....