permaculture - [permaculture] pump

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Mark <mpludwig@facstaff.wisc.edu>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] pump
  • Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2002 12:37:21 -0500

Lots of pump manufacturer's. Few consumer reports. And lot's of jargon.

Anyone on the list familiar with same that could give me recommendation? An
outfit on the Internet Pump.Biz suggested a 2HP electric pump by Munro...that
will cost about $600 or so including hose,fittings etc.

Thanks,Frank

Are you installing a pressure tank on the system? I ask because that may allow a smaller pump to work and keep it from cycling excessively. One fellow I met had 4 large (400 liter/100 gal) pressure tanks plumbed in on a grazing farm much like yours. If it was me I'd look at a pump you can easily get serviced locally and make that your deciding factor, it's about as sound as anything else.