permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Gopher control

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: <permed@nor.com.au>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Gopher control
  • Date: Wed, 14 Aug 02 09:21:42 -0000

>> From: "Felicity Wright" <flickwright@ozemail.com.au>
>> We don't have a gopher problem in Australia
>
>They ARE quite tasty, and wonderfully good at working the soil. Perhaps we
>could send you a few- they'd breed up a whole bunch in no time at all.
>-Rick

We've already got bandicoots, bushrats, possums, brush turkeys and a
plethora of other wildlife and exotic pests being a nuisance in our
gardens.... don't think we'll be taking you up on that offer somehow.
Maybe you can find a niche market in Asia - New Zealand has a huge
problem with Australian possums and started exporting them as meat to
China - they called them 'Kiwi Bears'!!!! It might just be a matter of
finding a creative name for those tasty critters :)
Robyn