permaculture - [permaculture] FW: permaculture in schools

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Robina McCurdy" <robina@win.co.nz>
  • To: dlhelfer@ucdavis.edu
  • Cc: pacedge@magna.com.au, keithdj@mindspring.com, Permaculture Listserv <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>, permaculture@envirolink.org, info@permacultureactivist.net, sarabelum70@hotmail.com
  • Subject: [permaculture] FW: permaculture in schools
  • Date: Sat, 06 Jul 2002 18:40:53 +1300

Hi Dana
Earthcare Education Aotearoa (our organisation) has developed a whole school
permaculture curriculum. We have piloted and formally trained teachers in
Sth Africa and Brazil in this. In these two countries it has been adopted
and extended by Depts of Education. I have also given some shorter
workshops in Australia, but in
the earlier days before we developed the whole programme. There is a lot of
material to share, far too much for email etc. lf you are interested to
follow up more, let me know about yourself, your work and your intentions
and we can take it from there.
Now I am full time involved in a year long permaculture and organics
training which includes some of this methodology, so time to do anything for
you is probably quite limited until around October.
warm regards
Robina
* thanks Russ for forwarding. I endorse all of the points stated in your
email, from your and Fiona's experience.