permaculture - Re: [permaculture] gabions

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Claude Genest <genest@together.net>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] gabions
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 11:47:07 -0400

Where the water runs, make it walk - you slow it down by "draining" it
along contour, nice and easy - where it spills, you have it do so in a thin
wide sheet, like water cascading out of an overfull bathtub - and remember,
even if you do any of this imperfectly, you're still miles ahead of where
you started from, which is an unmitigated disaster.....

Claude