permaculture - [permaculture] South West Permaculture Convergence 29/30 June

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Richard Morris <webmaster@pfaf.org>
  • To: "pfaf@yahoogroups.com" <pfaf@yahoogroups.com>, pfaf_developers <pfaf_developers@yahoogroups.com>
  • Subject: [permaculture] South West Permaculture Convergence 29/30 June
  • Date: Sat, 08 Jun 2002 10:36:56 +0100

Dear Friends,
We would like to invite you to the South West
Permaculture Convergence to be hosted by Plants For A Future
at Blagdon Cross Plant Research and Demonstration Gardens
Ashwater, Beaworthy, North Devon (Near Launceston)
on Sat and Sun 29th/30th June 2002.

An invitation to space, some great food, lovely people and a variety
of workshops.

The convergence will begin on the morning of Saturday the 29th June
and finish the evening of Sunday 30th June and the build up to the
event will be taking place from the 20th June with more activities
planned for the week after.

There will be space for anyone to hold there own workshops, we
already haves some in the pipeline:-

Tours, Plans and Progress. With this huge project ahead of us who
knows how far on it will be in such early days? Looking at the
many different aspects of the developing site including existing
woodland management, new planting, water treatment systems,
renewable energy supply, treebogs, campsite and restroom facilities.
Visit the new visitors centre and access the bounty of information.

Practical Workshops. - With and endless variety of practical work
to be carried out, choose something you would like to get your teeth
into.

'Help us if you can!' - Feeling inspired? Join the PFAF team in
helping to build support networks.

'A Taste for Freedom'. - Surrounded by the panoramic view of the
sky you could enjoy some amazing sunsets or sit and contemplate a
night sky 'full' of stars (weather permitting!)

Optional Field Trips. With so much on site we would be surprised
if there was a need for field trips or that you'd want to leave -
but just in case!

As resourceful as ever we are hoping that someone out there is able
offer to lend some temporary structures for the event i.e.
Yurts/Geodesic Domes/Marquees or similar and that there may be
some willing volunteers interested in lending a hand as site crew.
If you think you can help in any way please do contact us soon.
This event will run on a Magic Hat donations basis that we hope
will go a long way to recovering some of our expenses.

Parking and Transport
There will be parking spaces on site although we do ask that people
try to take public transport where possible. That said this could be
quite a mission - buses are available from Exeter and Plymouth to
Launceston and Holsworthy. Launceston is 10 miles and Holsworthy
5 miles from the site. Please ring as early as possible to arrange
pick up. Bicycles very welcome.
The site is just off the A388 from Launceston to Holsworthy,
10 miles north of Launceston and 1 mile south of the village of Clawton.
Just 800yards south of Clawton is a really sharp bend on a hill.
On this bend there is a turning sign posted for Ashwater,
Hallwill Junction, Blagdon Manor Farm, take this turn and we are
situated about 800 yards along this road on the left hand side
opposite Blagdon Lodge and a right turn - easy - see you here.

Accommodation
Camping is available or there is lovely accommodation available
locally at reasonable rates. If local accommodation is required
we suggest you contact us soon in order that we can ensure you
a place to stay.

Catering
We are a Vegan Project and ask all visitors to eat in a vegan
manner whilst on site (what you do off site is your own business).
There will be the option of vegan catering on site and self catering.

Alcohol
In the interest of conservation we would prefer it if people
did not bring bottles and cans on site unless they are willing to
take their empties away afterwards.

Plants For A Future
Blagdon Cross, Ashwater, Beaworthy, Devon. EX21 5DF.
0845 458 4719 / 01208 872 963
webmaster@pfaf.org www.pfaf.org

  • [permaculture] South West Permaculture Convergence 29/30 June, Richard Morris, 06/08/2002