permaculture - Re: Response to your request to [permaculture] unsubscribe

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Loren Davidson <lorenstwin@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Response to your request to [permaculture] unsubscribe
  • Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 15:14:25 -0700 (PDT)

--- Krettler Family <krettlerfamily@bctonline.com> wrote:
> Will do. I have been trying too. I am going to be gone for three
> weeks
> and don't won't my email overloaded when I get back.

Larry or someone has probably already said this by now, but if so many
people are missing it, it bears repeating.

First, look at the bottom of this message. There is a URL there (the
stuff starting with "http://...";); click this or copy and paste it into
the URL/Address field at the top of your Web browser.

(Note: If you don't have a Web browser you might try sending a blank
message to "help@lists.ibiblio.org" for instructions.)

I'll assume a Web browser. When you open the URL by following the
above directions, you'll see a page titled "Permaculture info page."

Go to the *bottom* of this page, where you will see instructions that
say, "To change your subscription (set options like digest and delivery
modes, get a reminder of your password, or unsubscribe from
permaculture), enter your subscription email address:" This is
followed by a text box (nice place to type an email address) and a
button labeled "Edit options."

Fill in your email address and click the button.

You will see a new page with a bunch of useful stuff on it. At the top
of this page is a section titled "Unsubscribing from permaculture;"
fill in the password and click "Unsubscribe" to depart our hallowed
halls.

If you've forgotten your password, just click the button *immediately
below* this section that says, "Email my password to me."

In your case, you probably want to temporarily stop mail delivery
rather than unsubscribing and resubbing. To do this, scroll down the
page to "Your permaculture subscription options." The first item in
this list is "Disable mail delivery." If you click the "On" radio
button, enter your password (see above if you've forgotten it) and
click "Submit my changes,", mail delivery will be turned off. When you
get back from vacation, follow the above, only click the "Off" radio
button to resume mail delivery.

> LSR51@aol.com wrote:
>
> >Karen..
> >If you have any luck with this please let me know how you did it.
> I've been
> >trying to get off this list for months now. I don't think anyone
> really
> >manages this site.

If the above info doesn't help you, I suggest you return your computer
to the store you've bought it from. I'm surprised, in fact, that you
managed to figure out how to join the list in the first place, because
that action requires similar skills and intelligence to unsubscribing.

As for whether anyone "manages this site" - a mailing list isn't a
"site", and I see something administrative from Larry on at least a
weekly basis, strong evidence of a good admin. Please don't blame your
inability to comprehend simple instructions on the overworked
list.admin, whose efforts some of us here truly appreciate.

Apologies to others on the list for the discourtesy.

Loren

=====
Loren Davidson Permaculturist, poet, healer, writer
loren@farwalker.com | http://www.earthspring.org/loren/
"Unhappy Girl/Left all alone/Playing solitaire/Playing warden to your
soul/You are caught in a prison of your own devise." - Doors, "Unhappy Girl"