permaculture - Re: [permaculture] file attaches, message size, list/net etiquette

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflondon@mindspring.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] file attaches, message size, list/net etiquette
  • Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 20:21:36 -0400

there are other solutions, the easiest being to have an upload page to
host attachments.... or putting em up on yr own server if you have that
luxury. mIEKAL

I used to have an uploads area; will see if I can get that working
again. Problem was it got used by crackers to distribute pirated
software, bad porn, and other distasteful stuff.

I'll see if I can get a workaround put together for online use.
One option would be to have a companion list just for attaches or
uploads of files of all types. Subscribers would need to be sure to
set their user config to NO MAIL, to be sure. Then we could let it rip
and fill up the list archives with documents and graphics.
Comments?

LL
--

L.F.London ICQ#27930345 lflondon@mindspring.com