permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Nasturtium?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Ute Bohnsack <sustag@eircom.net>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Nasturtium?
  • Date: Sun, 07 Apr 2002 10:41:12 +0100

Jasminka,
it's Tropaeolum you are looking for as a companion plant with edible
peppery tasting leaves and edible flowers (yellow, orange, red, peach,
cream etc.).
Tropaeolum and Nasturtium off. are two completely different plants.
...the pitfalls of vernacular vs Latin names...
Water cress is also edible but beware of wild specimen from watercourses
and other damp places that could harbour liver fluke.

Slán,
Ute