permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Neem/Tea tree

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Jerome Osentowski" <jerome@crmpi.org>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Neem/Tea tree
  • Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 10:33:43 -0700

Coin, Neem has been used Medicine for quite some time. Small sticks are
used to clean gums and for tooth problems. I have been using Ayurvedic
formaula toothpast for 15 years, and have made tintures from neem leaf and
used it for a number of things. A German study showed it effect for the
treatement of herpes. The tooth past clears up all your gum problems .
The seed are only viable for a few weeks. It can be grown from cuttings,
and You can graft wood from one tree onto another to help with cross
polenation. If you can not use neem, I suggest you try Spilanthes
asterpaceae, I grow it here in my greenhouse as an annual, the plant is
anti viral, bacterial, fungal, microbial used as a prophyactic against
malaria, It makes a stimulating and decay-fighting mouthwash, fights herpes
sores an tonifies the gums. It is also a topical pain killer. great for
cuts
in your mouth or anythere elese. great for insect bites, because it takes
away the sting, and kills any viral transfered by the insect. I have over
three gal. of the suff tintured for sale this spring. The plant is very
easy to grow and can be eaten fresh , leave in salads or the bud if you want
your whole mouth to go num. for seed and more info write: Horizon Herbs
P.O. Box 69 Williams, Or 97544-0069 541 846 6704 They have a great
cataloge for med. herbs.

One thing I got, out of all that talk on lice, is that I will be sure to
add a tinture or oil to take of those critters in our new traveling herb
kit we plan to put together and market in the spring.
jerome
-
Jerome Osentowski, Director
Central Rocky Mountain Permaculture Institute
PO Box 631
Basalt, CO 81621 U.S.A.

Tel/fax (970) 927-4158 E mail: jerome@crmpi.org

For more information, please visit our web site at <<www.crmpi.org>>