permaculture - Re: [permaculture] propagating elderberries

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "georg parlow" <georg@websuxxess.com>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] propagating elderberries
  • Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 15:37:34 +0100

> Can anyone point me to some info on propagating elderberries?

to my experience it is more difficult to keep them from
propagating than the other way around... alsas: take seeds (whole
berries) and sow (best: on the surface in fall), or take root
cuttings and plant - i would not be surprised to find out you can
put a root through a blender and sow to get 179 tiny new plants.

happy growin
georg