permaculture - Re: Sustainable t.v.

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Mitra <mitra_lists@earth.path.net>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>, "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Sustainable t.v.
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 18:13:28 +1100

And in particular - if anyone claims to be an expert ask them one important question - are they living now, and for how long, have they lived in one or more intentional / sustainable communities. Some of the people claiming to be experts are not now living, and haven't lived for an extended period of time, in a community , so most of the theories are just that - theories.

For example, I was listening to a well known "expert" on communities recently, everything he mentioned was correct, but much of his focus was on why communities failed. Well communities fail, but then so do relationships, and the important part is how they were when they were working well, a point echoed to me afterwards by several people in the audience who actually lived in communities.

- Mitra