permaculture - Re: Water Ponding/Management

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: FranksFarm@aol.com
  • To: permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Water Ponding/Management
  • Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2001 08:18:48 EST

Season's Greetings to All:)

Thanks,Andreas for the explanation. I think I have it??
I agree with all the goals, and strategies in key line design, and would like
to implement them on my farm.

I understand the benefits. But how does one actually apply them to forested
hillsides, where it may be difficult to cut furrows/ponds, etc., across the
face of the hillside due to trees, rock outcroppings, steep slope, etc.??

I'm not even considering using a tractor up there...I'm far too cautious. I
know many country operators seem to think it's no problem...but not me.

If someone pointed out the key lines on my property I'd think I'd understand
in a minute and the apply concepts.

Let me ask if I were able to somehow post farm layout on the web would you
folks be able to ascertain key lines?

Happy Holidays Frank