permaculture - Re: PVC/galvanized

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Australia Felix Permaculture" <pcorgbgo@bendigo.net.au>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: PVC/galvanized
  • Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 20:23:21 +1100

Hi People,

In that case there are a lot of sick people down under - as most tanks
(especially older) are galvanised iron and so are the roofs - especially in
the country areas. The tanks rust out eventually and are often put to
ingenious uses - some quite comical too!! High Density Polyethylene (HDPE)
and Ferrocement are just as common as Gal Tanks these days, with ferrocement
the most expensive.

Cheers,

Yours and Growing,

Darren Doherty