permaculture - NUTRIGENOMICS

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: lflondon@mindspring.com
  • To: permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: NUTRIGENOMICS
  • Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2001 23:12:44 -0500

Beyond organic, vegan, raw/cooked foods?

NUTRIGENOMICS

From:
http://www.iftf.org/html/features/ncng_report.html
http://www.iftf.org/

New Consumer, New Genetics Publishes Full Report
The Future of Nutrition: Consumers Engage with Science

"The report, The Future of Nutrition: Consumers Engage with Science,
published in June 2001, is the culmination of research conducted by
the New Consumer, New Genetics (NCNG) program.
The Future of Nutrition is an examination of how nutrigenomics--the
study of the relationship between what we eat and how our genes
function--will change our conception of food and will enable
individuals
by 2010 to choose foods selectively in order to prevent diseases to
which they may be genetically predisposed. The possibilities for
personalized diets using existing or new foods tailored to genetic
profiles will ripple through the food, health care, biotech,
pharmaceutical, agricultural, grocery manufacturing and retailing
industries, with dramatic strategic implications. The report focuses
on the ways that consumers can change diet-related behavior by
responding to better information and includes in-depth
analyses of the NCNG program's major national household
survey and consumer focus groups. The market for
nutrigenomics-based products and servicesby 2010 will
encourage one third of consumers in the U.S. to be willing to
pay more for their food products in order to enhance their health."

L.F.London ICQ#27930345 lflondon@mindspring.com
http://www.ibiblio.org/ecolandtech london@ibiblio.org

  • NUTRIGENOMICS, lflondon, 12/04/2001