permaculture - RE: Out of Control - living systems and observation

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "souscayrous" <souscayrous@wanadoo.fr>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Out of Control - living systems and observation
  • Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 20:49:27 +0100

The answer, Charles, is yes.
Apologies: too many words.

Alternatively, diversity is desirable and might not the flowers of the weed
be lovelier still than the flowers?
I have been clearing long neglected fields, ancient vineyards; holm oaks,
junipers, gorse, furze, lavender and not one was being choked by the
numerous vines and climbers reaching for the light.
Perhaps, resembling this list and a well-constructed permaculture design,
these fields had achieved a stable and diverse ecology, its balance
accepting of all life?

What is a word; what is a weed?

...and thank you, Charles.

Soucayrous