permaculture - seedswapping and stuff

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Nick Routledge" <fellowservant@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: seedswapping and stuff
  • Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 12:54:48 -0500

Had the time of my life at the big SOA Watch stadium event on Saturday.
Spread the travelling seed collection on the ground in a crowd of
thousands and had something in the order of 100-200 people pick stuff up.
"Free Seed! Free Seed!" I was bawling at the top of my lungs. A shitloada
fun playing father christmas, it woz. An interesting permie or two flushed
outta the woodwork, too. The South continues to charm. Last night I made
it deep off grid, everything in the van including myself and my traveling
companion, Bethany, _covered_ in a thick layer of dust to find a home-made
pear conserve at breakfast this morning that blew my mind. Came away with
a jar. Local food culture. Yum.

Whoops. Gotta go. Later,

n.

  • seedswapping and stuff, Nick Routledge, 11/19/2001