permaculture - Re: Hello from Victoria, BC, Canada

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: John Schinnerer <eco_living@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Hello from Victoria, BC, Canada
  • Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2001 18:37:55 -0800 (PST)

Aloha,

Welcome to the list!
Sounds like you have a nice bit of Earth to work with.

> with little else living on it but for patchy grass, thistles,
> dock, morning glory, buttercup and similar delights. Not even the
> birds come to visit.

Thistles and dock can be good things to have around in appropriate
amounts (medicinals both; some docks are good in salads, etc.).

> I have begun to put down on paper how I'd like this to look at the
> end of a decade.

Keep your notes all along, I'd suggest - could be a very rich history
of how place informs designing as you go!

cheers,

=====
John Schinnerer, MA