permaculture - Re: WARNING _ Re: Strange letter from Nigeria

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Ute Bohnsack <sustag@eircom.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: WARNING _ Re: Strange letter from Nigeria
  • Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 14:01:37 +0100

Thanks Ivone,
I already found the site you mention and looked through it last night. I will
send the thing into byte nirwana.
Cheers,
Ute

Ivone Riquelme wrote:

> regards the message from Ute about a strange letetr from Nigeria -
> ARNING -
>
> DO NOT RESPOND.
>
> This is certainly a variation on what is known internationally as the
> Nigerian Connection - or sometimes the 419 scam (or is it 431 - its been a
> while since I read about it).
>
> It is one of Nigerias main sources of income and so is not rigourously
> enforced by the Nigerian Authorities. It come in many variations, but
> basically you will enter a communication with some apparently nice, well
> meaning people, who will eventually fax you official looking documents
> authorising all sorts of money transactions and promises of lucrative
> contracts. Just when everything is set to go, and you are ready to get on
> the plane to Nigeria, there will be a small beaurocratic problem, which can
> be quickly resovled if you send them a few $1000 to cover a security
> deposit, or some such excuse.If you pay up, another problem will arise,
> requiring another payment......until you run out of funds or get smart to
> the scam.
>
> I cant find the original article I read, nor the web address that I checked
> about two years ago, when I reeived a similar, enticing offer - but I am
> sure a search under international scams or fraud, or nigerian connection,
> nigerian scan...something like that will soon ssupport what I am saying. The
> US justice department are interested in the scam IF you are US citizen and
> lost money already - otherwise they couldnt care less.
>
> skye
>
> Insituto de Permacultura Cerrado-Pantanal
> Rua Horto das Oliveiras 738, Campo Grande, CEP 79074-070
> Tel 67 385 0546
>
> Assesoria, cursos e projetos em Permacultura.

Dipl.-Ing. TU Landschafts- und Freiraumplanung
Ute Bohnsack
Sailchearnach, Clogher, Kilfenora, Co. Clare, Ireland
mailto:sustag@eircom.net
Agri-Environmental Consultancy and Translation Services
(English-German-English)
http://homepage.eircom.net/~merlyn/index.html
~~~~~~~~~
Seedsavers Resources http://homepage.eircom.net/~merlyn/seedsaving.html