permaculture - Re: permaculture digest: October 13, 2001

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Claude Genest <genest@together.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: permaculture digest: October 13, 2001
  • Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2001 20:27:53 -0400

I'm not sure where to
> go with this....

Don't let that stop you, I like where you're headed !

Two thoughts:

1. I'll forward the editorial by World Watch's Dick Bell on Reconstructing
Afghanistan. He nails it, IMHO

He quotes General Marshall about rebuilding post WW2 Europe:
"there can be no lasting peace, no real security without economic
stability".

It is desperate people in dire straits that perform desperate acts (IMHO).

2. I happened upon the last moment's of Bush's last speech ( I tried like
hell to avoid all of it...) He was talking about the need to rebuild
Afghanistan afterwards. He even implored every schoolkid in America to send
a dollar to the whitehouse to be forwarded to the children of
Afghanistan....So, even DUBYA understands that ultimately it's in everyone's
best interest to restore a functional culture in Afghanistan.

Our Ethic is to care for the earth, care for the people and return a
surplus.

I'm honored to do so wherever I can....

Claude in Vermont