permaculture - Re: pc in Afghanistan - Larry is real

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: John Schinnerer <eco_living@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: pc in Afghanistan - Larry is real
  • Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 23:57:14 -0700 (PDT)

Aloha,

--- BBurt McClure <lcb@zianet.com> wrote:
> ARE YOU FOR REAL?

Larry's for real as far as I know...though I've never met him in
person. I suppose he could be some sort of random message daemon...
;-)

What little I've learned about the region lately indicates high
desert/dryland (*very* dryland, sounds like) strategies. Anyone know
what historical subsistence systems were in that area?

That's the easy part, though (tools, techniques and methods). The
difficult part, as is so often the case, is cultural, is human
relatings (or lack thereof).

=====
John Schinnerer, MA