permaculture - Re: Discussing Aesthetics...

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Claude Genest <genest@together.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Discussing Aesthetics...
  • Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2001 19:09:01 -0400

Title: Re: Discussing Aesthetics...

In French, we have a common _expression_ ( well, common enough between my partner and I anyway)

"les Gouts ne se discuttent pas"

i.e.  Individual tastes can't be discussed ( at least not very easily)

But it is my contention that while personal tastes and aesthetics are subjective minefields that can't be discussed, sustainability and ethical land use can be discussed, even  "measured".

Does it care for the earth, Care for the people and return a surplus ? Maybe you can get the discussion to start there.....