permaculture - Re: (fwd) Translation resources for permac. related terms

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: <permed@nor.com.au>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: (fwd) Translation resources for permac. related terms
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jun 01 09:03:18 -0000

>> > In the meantime can anyone help me out with a couple of terms?
>> > Basically I have found that terms such as "swale" don't even exist
>> > both in english (on line or not) dictionaries and in english-spanish
>> > dictionaries.
Swale is apparently a very old english word meaning a depression, wet
place
>> > Then, what's a Midym Green? and what about a Lily Pily? I found these
>> > two terms
>> > in an article's picture about Crystal Waters, representing parts of
>> > what I suppose is a permaculture design.
Midym berries are a native fruit, probably used here in the context of a
place name
Lily Pily is also an Australian native fruit tree

Have you contacted Feliciano in Spain - I think he translated
Permaculture One into Spanish
FPX, permaculturespain@worldonline.es

Robyn Francis

Djanbung Gardens Permaculture Education Centre
home to:
Permaculture Education
ERDA Institute Trust
Nimbin Eco-Village Project Office
Robyn Francis - permaculture designer & educator
PO Box 379, Nimbin NSW 2480 Australia
Ph 02-6689 1755 Fax 02-6689 1225
permed@nor.com.au www.earthwise.org.au