permaculture - Re: home made fertilizer

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: igg <igg@intrepid.net>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: home made fertilizer
  • Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 20:51:55 -0500

>Try "Hand's On Agronomy" by Neal Kinsey, the US "Albrecht" Agronomist

Do you know of a ready source for this book? Is it one of the ACRES,
USA publications?

It is an ACRES book. Contact info: www.acresusa.com -Allan

Which reminds me: I'm setting up new fields in the mid-Atlantic regions. I've been reading Gary Zimmer's Biological Farm book and getting pretty stoked on the whole "Albrecht" thing. Now experienced local growers are telling me that 'Albrecht' works for mid-Western soils, but just isn't 'magick' here on the East Coast. (On the most simple level, this means that there's no reason to add lime beyond balancing the pH.)

Anyone have any experience with this?