permaculture - Re: Excessive mail to the extreme.

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Bob <rmhoward@omninet.net.au>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Excessive mail to the extreme.
  • Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 15:17:01 +0800

Yep! that was a baad one. I'd recommend a little program quickdel.exe- it's  575K uncompressed - my ISP carries it on his downloads page and it's widely available free ware. Once set up (very easy - enter ISP address and name and password) it can be run any time and it quickly lists the headers of all mail pending on your server and allows you to delete it from the server.
I'd say that they mad a beginner's mistake of leaving on the "send to recipient and list" option somewhere - hence a dozen or so copies to the list. But the size is also an issue. Mind you my local council manages to send me e-mail without any size whatsoever because of some novel idiosyncrasy in Outlook Express that nobody has yet sussed out. QuickDel or a call to the ISP was the only solution for that one.

It's Metelock - the Salmon season

Good fishing, quiet winds and balmy days. Come visit Albany W.A.

Regards

Bob

You are currently subscribed to permaculture as: rmhoward@omninet.net.au
Get the list FAQ at: http://www.ibiblio.org/ecolandtech/documents/permaculture.faq