permaculture - Fw: [PermacultureUK] Arnstein's Ladder of Participation

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "graham" <gburnett@unisonfree.net>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Fw: [PermacultureUK] Arnstein's Ladder of Participation
  • Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 01:30:13 -0000

----- Original Message -----
From: Jenn and Stuart Carter
To: Permaculture UK

Sent: Thursday, February 15, 2001 3:27 PM

Permaculture UK - The views expressed on this list are not necessarily those
of the Permaculture Assoc. (Britain) http://www.permaculture.org.uk

Hello everyone,
I'm including information about Arnstein's Ladder of Participation in the PC
Designer's course in Tottenham.
Thanks to Dave Melling for his input in the PC Teacher's Guide.
However, I am unable to get hold of any of Diane Warburton's books on
community and have found plenty on community participation but not much on
the ladder. Obviously, by deduction one can proceed quite well I believe.
However, I wondered if anyone out there had some really good examples or
notes I could use on each or any one of the steps.
I list them below for you.
Your response soonest would be very appreciated.

8 - citizen control
7 - delegated power (degrees of citizen power)
6 - partnership
5 - placation
4 - consultation (degrees of tokenism)
3 - informing