permaculture - Re: Disability

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: WSM311@aol.com
  • To: permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Disability
  • Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 13:24:59 EST

I'm new to this group.  I'm hoping to gain tips on working with personal
(physical) disability.  Lower back problems, and arthritic knees have
sidelined me tremendously in the past two years.  I'm beginning a series
of exercises, including walking and light weight training to help me lose
weight and re-gain some muscle tone.  But, I would still like to learn
from others who have lost mobility and flexibility and how they get around
that when trying to maintain gardening activities.  I'm also looking down
the road to being able to slowly build a permaculture homesite in the next
5-10 years.  Any contributions or references to helpful links will be
acknowledged and appreciated.  Thanks.  Lynn McNamara

I specialize in falling apart ;-O I have a bunch of autoimmune problems, but
just keep plugging away. Check out my website, read some of the articles,
look at the links and give me a hollar!

Wendy   (wsm311@aol.com)
Peace and Carrots Farm
Vermont