permaculture - Re: Water Catchment Walls Study of water quality

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "sal" <sals@rain.org>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Water Catchment Walls Study of water quality
  • Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 05:53:01 -0800

IMHO we use to catch water from a galvanize roof and store in clay pots and
keep them covered. u have to learn to use a dipper to get the water and no
drinking and then dipping again. you dip and then put in another cup so the
only thing that touches the water is the dipper. also if anything live like
a mouse falls into the water you have to brake the clay pot and start with a
new one. you really have to be wise and protect your drinking water . you
can't just dip your cup in it and drink and dip again. civilized man is not
all that civilized and has lot to learn. our drinking water was not the
same as the catchments water. also wells are nice. when we got a well in
we were happiest. it all beats carrying water that is a real job.