permaculture - Re: Grapevines in pots

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Yaya Balinci" <yaya@telus.net>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Grapevines in pots
  • Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 13:17:54 -0800

Grapes like rock to grow out of. They do not like very fertile conditions. Grapes are one of the last plants to grow out of a landscape before desertification. I would try clay or cement pots with lots of rock in the soil. Keep plenty of water for the roots to feed at the BOTTOM of the pot. Top watering is not good for most plants.
Yaya Balinci