permaculture - Forward: Pc land in BC

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: John Irwin <jwirwin@permaculture.net>
  • To: PcListServ <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Forward: Pc land in BC
  • Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 18:10:41 -0500

[As received]

To those concerned about sustainable life style,

My name is Yaya Balinci.

I am interested in compiling a public listing of people looking to buy
land, increase top-soil and possibly form groups of sustainable
subdivisions of possibly 100 acre parcels (this is still a very random
number). My idea is more clearly explained below. My personal interest
is of British Columbia, Canada. However, I would also be interested in
compiling and publishing a listing of people(s) around the world looking
to do the same things. This will help us link land and future stewards
in these important time for the planet.
I am hoping if you know of any people(s) who may be interested in what I
have to say below, or something similar, co-operatively, that you would
be willing to forward this information to them.

The first person on the list is myself naturally. If you know of any
such services, or any people(s) who may be interested, or have any
suggestions, they would be appreciated.

Version 1.0 of Linking Land And Future Stewards For Sustainability
(LLAFSFS)

Canada, British Columbia, Yaya Balinci
I am interested in purchasing land in British Columbia, Canada. To be more
specific I am most interested in buying land in the southern Vancouver
Island area, the Pemberton area, or anywhere south of Prince George on the
mainland (Cariboo, Kootenays, Okanagan, Lower Mainland). I am researching
extensively on the internet and have found many parcels of land from 50 to
500 acres. The main priorities are finding community, maximum amount of
acres, s or sw aspects, and good water.
I am interested in a forest and/or woodlot in any stage of regrowth.
I am interested in terracing.
If three people bought 300 acres, with each person paying equally, then each
person would acquire 100 acres to manage sustainably.
I am interested in is the idea of a co-operative and the
behaviour/communication of consensus-based decision making.
There were interesting articles on co-operative forestry operations in the
last issue of EF journal.
I am interested in living in a working and growing forest and becoming close
to self-sufficient with my family and totally self-sufficient as a
community, bioregion and province.
My skills revolve around EcoForestry, Permaculture, Natural Farming,
appropriate technology, and Deep-Ecology.
I would like there to be covenants on the land that would be agreed upon by
the land owners before subdividing/co-opting
An example:
If 300 acres were bought by three people each person would get 25 acres in
their family' name to pass on to their children which would hold covenants
agreed upon before subdividing.
These 25 acres would be similar to ALR where gardens, orchards, animals and
homesteads would be developed and managed.
These 25 acres would also, by order of the covenant, necessitate a cultural
habitat that increased top-soil quality rather than decreased top-soil
quality.
This behaviour would also apply to the remaining 225 acres which would be
incorporated as a cooperative woodlot/community forest (to be managed much
like Merve Wilkinson manages his own woodlot or anyone else who follow
guides similar to those put forth by the Ecoforestry Institute and Institute
for Sustainable forestry).

Thank You for your time and consideration.
Regards,
Yaya Balinci

Here is a link to a newsletter I am publishing.............please forward it
to any who may be interested in learning or contributing more on the issues
of sustainability.
http://www3.telus.net/circleworks/sustmed2.htm

  • Forward: Pc land in BC, John Irwin, 11/14/2000