permaculture - Greening of Cuba

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Keith Johnson <keithdj@mindspring.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Greening of Cuba
  • Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 23:42:49 -0500

Can someone help Ann? Please reply directly to her. If you just hit reply, it
will
come to me. Don't do that. I have enough email.
Thanks,
Keith

My name is Ann Cook and I am the assistant curator at Longwood Gardens in
Kennett
Square, PA.
I am accompanying our grad students to Cuba for three weeks in January and am
responsible for
planning one of the days that we will be in Havana. Since I learned that I
would be
joining
them, I have been reading everything I can put my hands on regarding the
organic
farming and
sustainable techniques that are being put into practice. Having grown up
with on a
farm where
we practiced similar agricultural approaches to subsistence farming, I am
deeply
interested in
this topic. I thought it would make a wonderful cultural and educational
experience
if we
could spend a day seeing some of these gardens and speaking with whomever
would be
interested
in speaking with us. Can you point me in the right direction? Any
information or
contacts
that you may be willing to share would be greatly appreciated! Thank-you for
your
time and
consideration in this matter.

Sincerely,
Ann Cook
Longwood Gardens
Assistant Curator
610-388-1000 ext 552
<acook@longwoodgardens.org>

  • Greening of Cuba, Keith Johnson, 11/13/2000