permaculture - Re: Protein contents

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Adrian Hanzi" <hanzibra@svn.com.br>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Protein contents
  • Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 11:31:29 -0200

I have never heard of a climbing soybean, but did work at one time with a
tall version ( about 40 inches) which should be an excellent companion to
corn, if you are careful to let the corn get the headstart. Adzuki beans
are excellent, there is a climbing variety, and it is quick to produce.
There is even a perennial vining one, which you can grow on fences, go out
in the morning and collect a handful for lunch whenever you feel like it...
I also like a lab-lab which we have here which is white. It is delicious as
a green bean with herbs and butter, or as salad. But even the red one
could be a good candidate...

Marsha