permaculture - Bindweed and the moon

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Débora U. Barocas e Peter J. Webb" <petedeby@terra.com.br>
  • To: <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Bindweed and the moon
  • Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 23:04:53 -0200

Continuing the tale of the trifids.....I have little direct experience, but maybe a little lateral thinking might help. Bindweed is a moon plant and as such is highly responsive to the cycles of the moon. The weeding to be done should be done rigorously on the full moon and at new moon, and preferably with a fork, patience and your intention clearly in mind. Hot water might help too.  But don't spray it!!!!!!!!!!
I've finished up with some pretty heavy weeds this way.
Better still have your friends come around to give you a hand.
Happy weeding......Pete Webb

  • Bindweed and the moon, Débora U. Barocas e Peter J. Webb, 10/24/2000