permaculture - Re: Ecovillages

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: FranksFarm@aol.com
  • To: permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Ecovillages
  • Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 09:49:20 EDT

Good day,

I have avidly read Mikal, Miekal, and georg's comments on eco-villages. And
share many of their sentiments, and experiences. But it seems many
prospective eco-villagers get hung up on details that lead to endless non
-productive, lengthy e-mail sessions.

I kind of like the benevolent dictator approach coupled with as much personal
fredom, and privacy as possible:) I have invested far too many $$$, my
future in this farm which I'd like to turn into a preserve, ecovillage that
offers a better way of life and community of caring , sharing, skilled ,
passionate, decent folk and families. problem is such folk are hard to find,
and scattered throughtout the world:)

I certainly agree with Georg's comment:

<< but in the end only generous and sensible people will succeed with such an
approach - but it sure is worth working on it... >> Yup! If you know of any
who are looking into participating in an exciting new? lifestyle please have
them contact me.

Here's a URL for some basic info that needs updating:

http://members.aol.com/dogscratch/goosecreekfarm/

Best to all. Frank

  • Re: Ecovillages, FranksFarm, 10/18/2000