permaculture - pc as a complex adaptive system ?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Harald und Margit Wedig <avantgarden@wxs.nl>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: pc as a complex adaptive system ?
  • Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 21:44:39 +0200

Hello John,
I read about your effords to collect natural patterns.
Since the human race is a part of nature it has a lot of such patterns
to offer. The problem is that mankind became a very complex matter over
the last millenia.
Here is an exellent pattern analysis from the transit era between the
last hunters and gatherers ( woodland hunters) and the first farmers in
middle europe, when civilisation was a bit more overseeable.
Here is what I am talking about:
http://www.princeton.edu/~bogucki/saa1995.html
I think it might be of special interest to permaculturalists, since we
are living in such a period of transition again.
We do not have the abundance of loess soils, that seems to have
propelled the neolithic way of live into middle Europe, our substrate (
can you say so in English ?) is rather the abundance of knowlegde, that
was collected all over the planet for so many thousend years and is now
ready for ( almost) everyone who cares.
I wish you lots of succsess with your project.

Harald Wedig

  • pc as a complex adaptive system ?, Harald und Margit Wedig, 10/11/2000