permaculture - Re: From Naomi - thankyou for contacts in Peru

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Naomi & Rick Coleman" <peds@tpg.com.au>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: From Naomi - thankyou for contacts in Peru
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 14:30:12 +1000

Scott,
thanks for forwarding this message to MarieElana. I have replied to her personally.

Hola Marsha,
Hola MariaElena,

It is so good to hear from you. Thankyou for your lovely comments!

We are negotiating with an Aid organisation here to conduct a PDC and an Introductory course in Peru, for their counterparts (one of whom is the Club de Amigos).

I am awaiting a project summary which I will forward when I get it. I know it is in a drylands area.

We would like to make links if the project goes ahead in these areas:

  • translators for our teaching for the PDC
  • teaching materials in Spanish that we could access
  • mentors for follow up work, especially site development
  • seed banks and plant materials
  • possibly site visits (depending on distances)
We would expect the organisation here to pay for such services. Do you have approximate rates that we could give them for their budget proposal (in $US)? How much would it cost to provide a set of handouts in Spanish for a PDC?

I can't promise an outcome at this stage for us or for you, but it is looking very likely.

Great to hear from you, let's keep in touch.

Naomi and Rick Coleman

PS If you can get that information on your castor trials in an accessible format we would love to read about it. We know people in Mexico and Palestine who would be very interested. Also a personal message of support for you and your untiring real permaculture work. Don't let a few Western internet gardeners get you down!