permaculture - Re:Logos

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: rick valley <bamboogrove@cmug.com>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re:Logos
  • Date: Mon, 14 Aug 00 14:55:26 -0700

>By the way - when I was in New Zealand last year a few Pc'ers stated they
>didn't feel too connected to the Pc logo as it contained a snake and
>there's no snakes in NZ!!?
Yeah; I love the design, but it is OZ; I do not want a global one, but rather
one for my region... the tree would hafta be a Garry Oak, and there'd be a
turtle (Western Pond) and a beaver, and Wapato (Sagittaria) and Camassia...
the rainbow works well, and duck & chook are ok, too...
I love the Fambidzanai spiral; the more I learn about the elements the more I
appreciate it. Instead of fussing over one logo, we ought to get busy and let
a thousand logos bloom.
We've had some good tshirt brainstorms too- alas, without viable issue.
-Rick

Rick Valley Northern Groves
PO Box 1236, Philomath, OR 97370
Mobile-(541)602-1315, hm.& msg. (541)456-4364 Bamboo catalog $3 or at
<http://www.teleport.com/~dbrooks/bamboo.html>
"Useful Bamboos and other plants‹ Permaculture education‹ Ecological design &
consultation centering on water,landform and horticultural systems"

  • Re:Logos, rick valley, 08/14/2000