permaculture - Thistles

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Jeffrey Newman <newman@bcinternet.net>
  • To: permaculture digest <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Thistles
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 23:47:37 -0700

From a member of our local "Green Belt Committee" in response to the thistle
information I passed on to her:

Hi Jeffrey
Thank you for the information. I appreciate it very much! It would appear
that it confirms some of the literature I have. It sounds like late budding
rather that blooming is the right time if the mowing were to take place only
once in a year. I think we have generated some interest and conversation in
the community and perhaps over next 2 or 3 years we can do some real damage
to the infestations. Bonnie

--

Jeffrey Newman

JN Web Design