permaculture - Re: permaculture digest: July 28, 2000

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Jeffrey Newman <newman@bcinternet.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: permaculture digest: July 28, 2000
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 22:09:02 -0700

Thank you both for taking the time and trouble to pass on the thistle
information. I will
pass it on to my friend who I think will be greatly encouraged. Our local
green belt
committee might be able to make use of it too.

- Jeffrey

permaculture digest
wrote:----------------------------------------------------------------------

> Subject: Re: Canada Thistles
> From: kahless@waymark.net
> Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 10:33:37 -0500
>
> Quoting from "Common-Sense Pest Control" by Olkowski

> Subject: Re: permaculture digest: July 26, 2000
> From: "Ava Devenport" <essenheal@iname.com>
> Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 15:45:54

> Also, if your friend continues mowing down the thistle before it goes to
> seed, it will eventually not come back. Don't till if possible as seeds can
> viable for up to 35 years in the soil and tilling brings them back up to
> the surface where they'll get the needed sunlight, etc., to begin as
> seedlings once more.
>
> Blessings,
> Ava

Jeffrey Newman

JN Web Design
http://www.jnweb.com/
Phone: 1 250 791-9206
Fax: 1 250 791-9207
E-Mail: newman@bcinternet.net
ICQ: 9879310

  • Re: permaculture digest: July 28, 2000, Jeffrey Newman, 07/29/2000