permaculture - Re: Chris Alexander Quote

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Toby Hemenway <hemenway@jeffnet.org>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Chris Alexander Quote
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 09:22:01 -0600

Gene wrote:

> This is . . . a bit obscure from the typical permaculture posts (like
copywriting the egg, yawn);

and quoted Chris Alexander:

>What was not predictable to me was the remarkably and exclusively nonhuman
>or inhumane focus of the discussion. Ethics were not
>discussed. The sense of right and wrong was not discussed.

Okay, we don't all have to find the same subjects fascinating. I'm only a
teeny bit insulted--I'll live. But since Gene has gored my copyright ox, I
want to point out that that these two topics speak to the same issue: how
technology is making it easy to forget and mistreat the humans behind it.
Scanning the egg and posting it to a website is so easy we forget we're
stealing from a live person.

Toby

  • Chris Alexander Quote, EFMonaco, 07/28/2000
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: Chris Alexander Quote, Toby Hemenway, 07/28/2000