permaculture - Re: Lawn Obsession...Ortho products

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Ava Devenport" <essenheal@iname.com>
  • To: permaculture
  • Subject: Re: Lawn Obsession...Ortho products
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 12:23:22

On 06/02/00, "Richard Morris <pfaf@scs.leeds.ac.uk>" wrote:

> You may be aiming a little high in the organization. Try ringing
> one of secretaries and find out if there's any graduate
> students/postdocs...

Dear Richard:

Done this and been there, but continue to be referred directly back to
Jim.

> Going in trying to convert them to the gospel of permaculture won't
> be helpful.

This I don't do, I leave this up to more knowledgeable individuals such as
Steve Bonney, he's the person I consider the expert in our area. I only
teach by example, volunteer work and share the information, resources and
knowledge that I have. My expertise is in new crops, cultivating plants as
a green resource for fiber/fuels, living with nature and earth-building.
Plus, I don't believe in preaching other than to individuals who ask for
it.

> BTW folks might like to know that Plants For A Future have got our
> own domain name now www.pfaf.org.

I sincerely thank you for this site! I did find a great amount of
information on Parthenium argentatum including cultivation trials, etc. I
can't remeber whether or not it stated that the plant can't be harvested
for three years, though, which is the information I received from ARS. But
I couldn't find a thing on Euphorbia lagascae, which is the plant I have
the least amount of information on. I've gotten bits and pieces regarding
trials, seed shattering and cultivation methods from some of the other
researchers out of Washington and Oregon, but I guess my best bet will be
to fall in head first and see what happens! If you ever happen to track
any info down, would you mind letting me know? I'd certainly appreciate
it.

Blessings,
Ava