permaculture - Re: Permaculture convergence

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Ava Devenport" <essenheal@iname.com>
  • To: permaculture
  • Subject: Re: Permaculture convergence
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 11:33:9

On 06/07/00, "Scott Pittman <pci@permaculture-inst.org>" wrote:
> Thanks for the response to my query about the convergence. An alternative
> to Louisiana is New Mexico where we have a large body of graduates and
> volunteers to help put this together.

Dear Scott:

I'm just south of Pueblo, CO, New Mexico would be great for us! (And I LOVE
Santa Fe!)

> The problem is it can be quite cold
> here then so camping will be a little rugged.

I must have missed the dates, when? I grew up camping in the Rockies,
year-round, love to camp in cold weather, it gives me a reason to snuggle
with my husband. Hands-on projects are more enjoyable, also, when it's not
too hot.

> Permaculture Institute

Where exactly is this?

Also, do you know Joe Tibbetts of the Southwest Solar Adobe School in
Beline? We took a course from him last spring in passive-solar Adobe.
He's wonderfully 'green', does some permaculture courses, also, and an
extremely knowledgeable individual. Very personable and such a good
instructor that our entire class asked to stay later and come earlier,
which he happily accommodated.

Joe is the person I'm doing the plant latex research for regarding a green
replacement for asphalt emulsion/portland cement earth stabilizers.

Blessings,
Ava