permaculture - Re: flame-free list

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Robert Jensen" <robertscroft@hotmail.com>
  • To: permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: flame-free list
  • Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2000 09:36:24 EST

Thanks Toby & Akiva,
I appreciate the sentiment. And also the passion with which the paper method of information distribution is protected by Kris.

A little about myself.

My most recent role was with a consumer organisation with a large number of subscribers. Our business like that of many other publishers suffered a large decline in subscribers. This decline can be attributed to the diversity of information available through the web and other media.

The whole idea of using the web to pass information back and forth seems to appeal to many people who have probably not had the inclination to participate in debate about subjects of interest.

There may be some like myself who want to participate and now have the opportunity to do so.

I am sure that Kris has rich experiences to share and would have already done so, judging by the intensity of his interest and I am sorry if I have offended you by my comments Kris.

I like many others have to struggle to make ends meet with four teenagers and work at a number of possibilities to tease what may result in my next steps toward fulfilment, permaculture being one.

Best wishes to you all
Robert Jensen