permaculture - HerbFest 2000

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Ava Devenport" <essenheal@hotmail.com>
  • To: farmers-market@franklin.oit.unc.edu, permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu, market-farming@franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: HerbFest 2000
  • Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 07:43:21 PDT

Frontier Naturals Co-operative in Norway, Iowa will be presenting it's 9th annual herb conference August 18, 19 and 20, 2000.

Keynote speaker is Rosemary Gladstar, and educational seminars from speakers include: Christopher Hobbs, Susun Weed, David Winston, Mindy Green, Terry Willard, Matthew Wood, William Mitchell(ND), Kat Harrison, Nam Sing, Timothy Blakely, Jane Hawley-Steven, Erica Renaud, Renee Jones Abdullah, Eagle Song, Jim Simon, Kahla Wheeler, Feather Jones and Phil Forbes.

HerbFest is held at Frontier's 60-acre organic farm. Registration fee is $179.00 for herbfest, $49.00 for children/teens and $55.00 for the Friday Intensive Workshops. Includes all seminars, seminar book, 6 vegetarian meals and camping on the farm. Features include an herbal products bazaar, herb walks yoga, Qigong, a dance, a bonfire, drumming and more. Seperate fun activities for children including crafts, games, seminars, swimming, herb walks and workshops. (plus Childcare!)

Celebrating the Herbal Spirit features five educational tracks with over 40 workshops and seminars.

Additional information and registration can be had by visiting their website at www.frontiercoop.com or by calling for details at 1-800-669-3275.

Previous seminar notes can be found at their website.

As a note, I've never enjoyed and learned from a conference more than I have this one. I've taken children and teens ages 7-14 along with me, never had to worry about them a minute and this has become one of their favorite places to go. The kids all look forward to this delight each year as they each have their own fun/educational workshops. I was free to enjoy the seminars I chose and knew that the children were well taken care of and extremely loved. It was definitely the perfect family experience.

Blessings,
Ava