permaculture - Re: Lawn Obsession...Harmonious relationships with neighbors.

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Ava Devenport" <essenheal@iname.com>
  • To: permaculture
  • Subject: Re: Lawn Obsession...Harmonious relationships with neighbors.
  • Date: Sun, 28 May 2000 17:1:6

On 05/26/00, ""Marsha Hanzi" <hanzibra@svn.com.br>" wrote:
> [...]

This is a very good point, Marsha. Plus, I hate to bring this up, but we
have code enforecements here. If your neighbors complain about the 'state
of lawn', the county/city people will warn you, then fine you, then if that
doesn't do the trick, They mow down your yard, EVERYTHING, then send you a
bill. If you don't pay that, they assess a tax lien and you can lose your
property over un-cut grass. Please check with your code enforcement office
before making decisions regarding to mow or not to mow. Cottage Gardens
are considerd unmown lawn here.

Blessings,
Ava