permaculture - Courses, traineeships in Brazil

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Marsha Hanzi" <hanzibra@svn.com.br>
  • To: "permaculture list" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Courses, traineeships in Brazil
  • Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 11:33:09 -0300

Dear Friends,

We now have several venues for apprenticeships which are open to English-speaking trainees.  One is in an intentional community, the other in the International Center for Permaculture, in the cocoa region of the Brazilian  Atlantic rainforest.  They are excellent opportunities for hands-on in-depth real-life experience in Permaculture, agroforest management, and community living.

We are organizing a one-week event in bio-construction  which does not demand knowledge of the Portuguese language to participate, as it will be largely hands-on, and  all the instructiors speak English.  Dates: 7- 13 of August.  Location:  Chapada Diamantina mountains, Campina Community.
Price US$150 (  camping facilities and food).  If you don't want to camp out, small bed-and-breakfast in the area charge around US$10-20 per night with breakfast included. Lunch and dinner are included in the course price  This will be a marvellous opportunity to learn building techniques with professionals  in  absolutely romantic surroundings , and meet a lot of new and interesting people, including Brazilians from all over the country.

Any interested should get in contact with me directly.

Marsha Hanzi
Instituto de Permacultura da Bahia

  • Courses, traineeships in Brazil, Marsha Hanzi, 05/24/2000