permaculture - More goose stories

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Mikal Jakubal <mjakubal@asis.com>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: More goose stories
  • Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 00:31:35 -0700

Hi Y'all,

Just this evening I was out at my place enjoying the moonlight and trying
to work out design details on my house. I heard the geese hissing. Walking
over toward them, I caught a glimpse of motion as they pursued something
around a cluster of potted plants. Geese in pursuit, it popped out from
between the pots and came straight toward me. Skunk! I scurried back a few
steps, clapping my hands to let it know I was there. It didn't seem to
care, but after a few seconds turned back toward the cover of the pots. The
whole time it had its tail raised straight in the air. The geese, despite
being within a foot or two at times, never got sprayed. They eventually
chased it away and went back to sit down with the ducks--who seemed to
sleep through the whole thing barely twenty feet away.

Mikal

  • More goose stories, Mikal Jakubal, 05/12/2000